Monday, January 25, 2010

Shhhhh....We looking for the Fathers (in hiding)



Where are you? What a shame that sistas gotta talk to their close girlfriends about why you wont come by, or take the kids for a little while. Is it suppose to be like this cause we dont have a relationship? Your relationship is not about "me" its about your child/children. But now I see that its a "generational curse". Honestly now....how can I expect you to be a good figure for your kids and you didn't have that? Your Dad didn't have that (you don't even know who your father is)and his father didn't have that. It's a curse that needs to be broken. I grew up with my father and he instilled in me the things that are needed to grow a healthy relationship with a man. I have always wished and hoped that Fathers would respectfully take their place and guide their daughters the "right way". If a father spends quality time with his daughter and help mold her to be a sista that really understands a man and the qualities she looks for.....What are the chances that she finds a man like her father?


A father has an even taller glass of fatherhood to drink when it come to their son. A father needs to be there for a young boy that calls a woman a b**** only at the mere age of 11, and he needs to know that touching a girl "there" leads to a huge responsibility. Sometimes a father can physically be there but absent in a son life. You think cause you there that's it? Whats' on your mind........

*One Luv

2 comments:

  1. Wow girl...excellent post. I don't have kids but I know a lot of deadbeat dads, mine included. There are cases where the man knows what it's like to have a good father but he CHOOSES to not be apart of his child's life. It's safe to say that some men are just plain old sorry. The question is, who is to blame?

    I see so many mothers/fathers being hard on their daughters but lax as hell on their sons. This type of behavior leads the boys to grow up into shiftless ass men that think because his mother/father never instilled in him any responsibility that he doesn't have to do anything. I don't know that's just my two cents...I would love to discuss this with other people! Great topic girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Shay....ditto. Maybe the women are somewhat the blame because of the men we choose. On the flip side maybe he was all you asked for but changed faces when he became a father. I know some situations like that. Fatherhood is not a game and if a man thinks its a game.....GAME OVER! I am blessed to have my husband in my kids life because it matters.

    ReplyDelete